The mumblings of a crafty smallholder on Dartmoor, Devon

Saturday 13 October 2012

Funny old Saturday!

Hello and welcome to my newly hatched blog! Having been a serial blog stalker for a few years I have decided to attempt a blog of my own.
My lovely friend Em at dartmoorramblings.blogspot.co.uk
has recently started her blog and was full of excitement about it. That was it! Over a few warm drinks, and the odd cake or 3 'Jopsy, Peg and Crow' was created!

I'm currently sat at the dining room table watching the rain pelting down and making the grass a lush green.
It's been an odd day so far, I bundled the family into the car early to take a trip to the local auction in the next village. On our way I saw a few posters advertising the fact. It wasn't until  we were virtually upon the hall that I realised we were a week early! (oops!)
My friend Em was coming for lunch as was my daughters friend. Em arrived; but the play date did not. We waited and waited until we could bear it no more, so started our food! Said friend arrived later, having already eaten...
Em and I spent a happy (well, I was happy not too sure about poor Em!) few hours setting up my blog! 
Daughter Peg and friend were happily playing in the tree house. Mr Crow was mending a hole on the shed roof-the poor rabbit was getting quite damp around the edges!   
Poor friend felt ill, so we then had to drive her home across the moors 3 hours earlier than anticipated! Cue grumpy daughter Peg!
Anyway, I must dash the animals need feeding (more about them next time)
Bye x

3 comments:

  1. Happy as Larry actually. I like the blue and the grey and the type-face looks great.

    I'm now eating Coop foamy bananas and setting the PVR to record a certain unmentionable programme on ITV. Another member of the household won't tolerate it!

    Your photo implies weather conditions on Dartmoor that don't exist but we can dream....x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Em! Foamy bananas? I am not too sure they sound like something I'd eat! I too recorded the unmentionable programme. Yes, as you may have guessed/known my photo is not on Dartmoor! It's from our lovely sunny summer hols in Barbados. Speak soon x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello from one Jopsy to another! Congrats on your new blog! =)

    ReplyDelete