The mumblings of a crafty smallholder on Dartmoor, Devon

Saturday 13 October 2012

Early on Sunday morning

Hello there,
It's just gone 5 in the morning and I'm wide awake! The stars are very bright, and there's an owl hooting in the tree by the window.
The dog is talking in his sleep, and a hot honey and water is not cutting the mustard for me! On the positive side the newly fitted woodburner has kept the room nice and snug.
Mr Crow is fast asleep 
Daughter Peg is fast asleep.
There is an odd yelping noise outside which I am assuming to be a fox; but I am not going to investigate!
We had a lovely evening yesterday with friends coming around for a curry. This was made by Mr Crow as I am not too keen, nor indeed very skilled in the cullinary department! They brought their big children along (Well, 'big' in Daughter Pegs eyes!!)
Unfortunately I left the plates stacked up and the house now smells, that'll teach me for sloping off to bed.
Looking forward to a rainless day
Bye for now x

2 comments:

  1. It HAS been rainless which is not what was forecast. Sorry you didn't sleep well.

    I made the mistake of buying some 'Oust' once after complaints about the roast chicken odours on a Sunday evening. The result was horribly perfumed roast chicken odours. It lies unused under the sink.....I should have known better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A little frosty here this morning (Well, I returned to bed until 9!)
    Thankfully the Kitchen Fairy had been and all the pots had been washed! Mr Crow is a fan of Febreeze-I however am not (similiar to Oust I assume!) x

    ReplyDelete