The mumblings of a crafty smallholder on Dartmoor, Devon

Wednesday 2 January 2013

Bird feeders

Outside our utility room there is a tree, well actually it has been well trimmed so it's now a tall stump! In that tree we have placed 4 bird feeders. I take great delight each day observing the birds whilst loading the washing machine and washing up (we have a dishwasher; but I often choose not to use it just to get a chance to stand watching the birds!)
Just this morning (after a lazy lie in-Pegs had to be woken at 9:20!!) I stood fascinated by the Blue Tits (there is all weathers) the Sparrows and the Nuthatch. I must try to get my camera at the ready next time!
The Robin hops by most days too. My Dad loves robins and each year my daughter usally chooses a Robin themed gift for part of his Xmas box!
The cheeky squirrel sometimes runs aong the back wall; but more often than not he is on the hedge opposite performing gymnastic feats.
Enjoy your wednesday-Here's hoping you're not back at work like poor Mr Crow! x 

2 comments:

  1. Get that camera working indeed. Have L here today....much screaming from upstairs. Poor M back at work. Have a good day! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tried to get a few pictures through the window today-I need to clean the windows ;) Its rather chilly here; but a morning of cleaning has made a dent!

    ReplyDelete